Sunday 2 May 2010

Compost Pile

I pile leaves, small branches and cut grass. I need not put them inside a bin since they are not "humid" wastes that attract flies. Whenever I need some rich soil for my flower pots, I just gather them from under the pile (or get them from under the compost bin). I do the same thing at the start of the planting season, in spring, if I need them.
I also ask my neighbors to pile their organic, non-humid wastes on my compost pile. They ask me a lot of questions and perhaps find my gardening techniques strange. I don't mind at all. For the moment they do all the contrary of my domestic waste management. This only confirm my theory that not all people born and raised amongst farmers know the importance of organic matter. I just hope that someday they get to understand what organic farming is.

No comments:

Post a Comment